- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) of butter (more for greasing the pan)
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed until smooth
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup dried unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 9×5 inch loaf pan
- Mix dry ingredients. Cream the butter and beat the eggs and bananas. Stir this mixture into the dry ingredients; do not mix more than necessary. Gently stir in the vanilla, nuts, and coconut.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 45-60 minutes, until nicely browned. A toothepick inserted into the centre of the read will come out fairly clean when it is done.
- Cool on a rack for 15 minutes, lightly brush on some butter on top